Today was the last Tuesday morning that I will be watching my mom. With Dave's new work schedule it doesn't allow for me to watch my mom in the mornings. This morning was the last one (unless there is an emergency). I feel a little sad not to have that time with her, but I also know that I cant' be wonder woman, and I need to think of my kids needs too. Mornings are so different than evenings. (And I will still have my evenings with her.) Often in the mornings my mom is quiet and calm and pleasant. The usual morning is filled with hair washing, face washing, and reading books. This morning she was very tired. We washed her face and I started to read. She soon fell asleep and slept for the remainder of the time I was there. Usually when she falls asleep it isn't for very long, maybe 5 minutes, and then she wakes up. This morning she slept for 45 minutes and when I left she was still asleep. I loved laying on the opposite couch watching her sleep, kind of like mothers do tho their newborn baby. She is such a beautiful woman. She has such a nice face with not a lot of wrinkles. Her hair is salt and peppered, I hope my going Grey is as graceful as hers. She has a beautiful smile and pretty teeth. Her hands are still so soft. Last week I gave her a manicure, and it was nice to see her nails looking so pretty still today. When I was growing up my mom always took very good care of her nails and hands; its something I can help her to continue to do.
My heart is full of love towards my mom. Almost a tangible love. A love that is contagious and can't help but be rubbed off onto my own little family! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know I'll never know your mom the way you remember her, but I have to say I love reading about your moments with her. I think you are a pretty amazing lady and I am impressed with how you try to find the positive in this hard situation. Thanks for helping me get to know your mom and thanks for being my friend.
Post a Comment