Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

This morning started out great! Dave took the kids to his parents to get the tiller for our garden. While he was gone I was able to shower and get the house vacuumed and the floors mopped! Sounds silly to some of you, but to me, this was heaven!
We had a great BBQ with my family. My kids loved playing with their cousins. We learned a really fun lawn game called Koop. My husband even played it, and he doesn't like games! It was great sitting around in the front yard watching the adults chat and the kids play. I love days like this!
I haven't got my garden planted yet, but this past Saturday I was able to spread some horse poop into my garden and some flower beds. Tonight Dave helped me get the garden tilled, but due to the fact that we had to get the tiller 'to work', we didn't get as much accomplished! AND my sister-in-law stopped by with some buckets FULL of day lilies! About 100 of them! No pressure, but now I need to get them planted too, anyone want to help? I'm looking forward to a planted garden that 'might' actually produce this year and flowers growing in my dirt! Hurray!
And to top it off we had a great time with our neighbors having Ice cream floats and Ice cream cones!
Does it get any better than this?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Fun, fun, fun! I'm glad you got some tilled. I would love to help plant, but I don't know if you can wait for me. This week is absolutely nuts!