Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Holy Cow! She's 9!

Aundrea had a birthday today! Shout hurray! One year older and wiser too...Happy Birthday to you!

About a month ago when asked what she wanted for her birthday her reply was " A scripture bag for my scriptures." Then it changed to Little Pet shops stuff, but somewhere between then and now she no longer wanted any pet shops.
Tuesday morning with Colter in tow we got all the shopping done! For her birthday she got a scripture carrying case, a new alarm clock (cause I'm too practical!), and some cute sterling silver fish ear rings.

A birthday tradition at our house is letting the birthday kid pick what we have for dinner. (Remember last year Aundrea wanted whole wheat cereal?) This year she wanted Pot Pie, but she chose that after seeing that I was making it on Monday. I didn't want to make the same thing twice in the same week! She finally decided on Chili with NO TOMATOES! I'm happy she chose something healthy and not hard to make! The only recipes I have for chili call for cans of tomatoes so I had to call a friend and ask them if they knew how to make chili w/o tomatoes! I was given a yummy recipe, which was a hit tonight at dinner! We had french bread, chili with sour cream and cheese and green Sprite. The center piece for the table was our birthday blocks and Dallas colored the Sprite green to make it funner. Oh, and we drank out of fancy glasses!

Another birthday request by Aundrea was playing Littlest Pet Shop Monopoly, which we did after Dave got done with his Home Teaching :) Thanks Paddocks for letting Dave do a quick drop by :)

I am so glad to have Aundrea as my daughter. I've always felt that she is special and that she has many wonderful qualities!

People say that your kids grow up right before your eyes and I'm starting to understand what they mean!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Drea! Hope it was great!