Conversation with Dallas last week:
Dallas: Hey mom, what are you doing next week from Monday to Friday?
Mom:Why Dallas?
Dallas: Cause I was thinking I'd like to make a deal with you.
Mom: A deal?
Dallas: Ya, to see if you can go 5 whole days with out drinking Coke.
Mom: Sounds like a good deal. You're on Dallas!!
Several weeks ago I taught a lesson in Young Women's on being more disciplined. Part of becoming more disciplined is to set goals. This 'deal' with my daughter gave me a reason to give up my coke habit. After all do I NEED a Coke everyday? No. So why do I drink it every day? I have to answer that its just part of my routine; a habit. I'm sure I can live with out it. I want to show my daughter that hard things can be done, and not to run away from trying to change just because it's hard :) I can be strong; I want her to see that I am strong!
So here I go. Let the headaches begin :) They will only last until my body realizes its just fine without the caffeine :0)
Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What would we do without our children to keep us on our toes? Good luck with your challenge this week, my thoughts and prayers will be with you. If you can't live without the Coke, there's always Dr. Pepper - j/k - haha, I know it's all the same challenge.
Good luck Christy! You've done it before so I know that you can do it again. Is it cheating to take Excedrin to help with the headaches? (Since it has caffeine too?) Aren't kids great?
You can do it! You've started eating more and are cutting pop out. Good for you! See ya Sunday.
Post a Comment