Sunday, September 13, 2009

Adventures for our Favorite babysitter

Yesterday was a very special day! Our babysitter got married! My kids love her, I love her! She was (and still is) such a good friend and example to my kids.
I'm not exactly sure, but I think she started babysitting for us before Bradley was born. She would bring stuff to do with the kids, coloring books, fun books to read, puzzles, etc. The kids looked forward to her coming over. She always took a special interest in each one of my kids and played with them on their level. I remember one time she taught Dallas part of a line dance :) It was fun watching the two of them show it to us.
Not long after Colter was born Niki called me out of the blue and and said she'd like to start watching my kids once a week for several hours so I could go have some alone time.(for free!) This was during a time when Dave was working 24/7 and was out of town once a week. Life was pretty tough! I was struggling to keep up with everything and not getting a break from motherhood! Niki was my saving angel! She would come over on the days Dave was out of town and stay for HOURS! I remember the first time...I went to Applebee's and had dinner by myself, it was weird and wonderful and rolled into one! Then I went and bought a new toaster and some paint to finish my painting project. :) Not super exciting perhaps, but to me it was what saved me that week! During this time the girls were in school and Niki would come just as they were getting home from school. She would help them with their homework, feed them all dinner and help them get ready for bed if I was going to be gone that long. I don't really know if she knows how much that meant to me! It is one of those blessings in life I am truly and eternally grateful for!! Not only did I benefit from her service, but my whole family did!
Niki has been away at college and we haven't seen her around as much, but when we do, it's like a great reunion! The boys love giving her hugs and the girls love sharing with her what's going on in their lives. At the reception all the kids gave her a hug in her pretty white dress, and Niki asked the girls how they were doing. I love the relationship my kids have with her! It's a great friendship!


So yesterday she began her wonderful adventure in marriage! Based on our knowledge of how awesome and compassionate she is, her husband is going to be one of the luckiest men in the world! He will be so blessed to have her as his wife!


Congrats Niki! We love you, and hope the best for you and your new husband.

2 comments:

Cathi said...

I had forgotten she did this for you, Christy. Thanks for posting it, and sharing your love of her with us. It brought tears to my eyes. Hugs!

Becky said...

Isn't it great when the Lord places people in your life when you need them the most!I'm so glad you were so blessed! Thanks for being a blessing in my life!