Thursday, August 21, 2008

In a Jam!


Thanks to our very kind neighbors who shared some Plums with us we now have more jam than we know what to do with! These plums were so pretty, and good tasting. While making the jam our house smelled so sweet, almost like cherries. My kids can hardly wait to have lunch so they can have some on their sandwich.
A funny side note- last week I was given some apricots. Guess what I did with them? I made freezer jam. I think we won't be finding ourselves is a jam for jam!
Now, when Christmas rolls around, who knows, you might get some jam...some yummy Plum jam!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Well thank goodness you are my visiting teacher and home teacher!! I am a shoe-in for getting some homemade jam..the very best kind! Maybe your companion can make us some homemade bread to go with it. haha... :)

Melissa and Mike said...

How nice...I wish I knew how to make jam, I definately know how to eat it. =0) I hear it's not too hard so one of these days I'm gonna have to get "jammin'"!