Wednesday, August 13, 2008
'Can I do that?'
Yesterday I watched my friends kids while she went to a wedding. I am always trying to multi-task, something we mothers do. I was loading the dishwasher as the boys played in the kitchen. My friends little boy was very fascinated with what I was doing- loading dirty dished into a box like contraption. He stopped playing and came to stand by me to see 'what I was doing'. After getting everything loaded in I started to close the dishwasher when he asked,' can I close it'? I was so dumbfounded that something so simple and mundane could be so interesting to a 5 year old. It got me thinking...how grateful I am to have a dishwasher. Something I have just taken for granite. Thanks to my little friend who opened my eyes and reminded me to be grateful for everything I have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment