I had this thought pop into my head this morning to call the pharmacy to
see if my numbing jelly had been called in. It turns out it WAS called
in, but to the wrong Target pharmacy. I didn't have enough time before
me appointment to drive out and get it so I got poked without it. It
didn't feel good, but I survived. According to the nurse for some people
the numbing jelly doesn't really do much for them. I think I'll still
give it a try and then I'll know if it helps me :)
My weight today
was up one pound from last Thursday. I am 4 pounds away from being where
I was when I started chemo. The Dr. didn't seem to concerned about my
weight.
My red blood count was within normal.My white blood count
barely dipped, but is still within normal, and my platelets look great!
I
have 2 more doses of steroids, one tonight and one tomorrow morning.
The Dr. said the reason I am feeling so great is probably due to the
steroids, but we'll know on Wednesday how I really feel when they are
out of my system. I have had no nausea since Wednesday and no bone
aches, which is lucky. Hopefully that trend will continue.
We
talked about my sore/dry mouth. It could be caused from the steroids or
from chemo. Once I stop the steroids I should see a change in my mouth.
We also talked about my bloody noses. I've had two over the weekend.
They may be caused by the dryness in my mouth and sinus'. She suggested I
use a humidifier, a nasal spray and Vaseline. I only need to call about
my bloody noses if I can't get the bleeding to stop.
I am very
thankful for my Sister-in-law who went with me today! I was hoping she
would be able to be with me for the blood draw so I could hold her hand,
but they said she had to wait in the waiting area.
I continue to be
humbled by how many people want to be involved with my appointments,
cleaning my house, bringing us meals. Most of you are the ones reading
this blog! I love you! Thank you for loving me and giving me strength to
be strong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment