Friday morning at 1:50am I could no longer sleep. I'm going to blame the
steroids I took. I was able to stay in bed and rest but sleep never
took over again. After the kids were off to school and I'd taken my
morning steroid I was still tired but feeling buzzed from the drug. I
folded laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, de-junked my freezer and gave it
a good scrub down. I had soup for lunch and was finally able to take a
quick nap after lunch. My boys went home with a friend after school
which was very helpful as that was the time I was sleeping. Up to this
point I hadn't felt nauseated, but my body didn't feel good. All those
chemo drugs don't help. I had a nice time with the girls after they got
home. Had a snack and eventually picked up the boys from their play
date.
Drea had her 'attention' date with her Aunt Janelle. Dallas
went off and hung out with friends so it was just Dave and I and the
boys. We spent our time working on the boys pine wood derby cars at
Dave's parents house. I snuggled on their couch under a blanket while
the boys did their thing. By bedtime I was exhausted but wasn't able to
fall asleep so I took one of my pills and slept from 10:30pm-8:30am. I
woke this morning feeling really great!! I was able to go with Dallas to
her Young Women recognition luncheon. And I was able to eat and enjoy
the food they served! Dave had a couple errands to run and I was feeling
good enough so I tagged along. This afternoon I took a nice nap and
have continued to feel pretty good. I am eating every 2 hours and have
enjoyed what I've ate. Dallas and Aundrea had a special outing today
with a friend and neighbor who took them shopping. They came home with
some really fun and cute clothes! My dad stopped by for a visit and it
was nice to see him and hear about his camping trip. As for now, Dallas
is off at the Real soccer game, Dave and Drea are off having some daddy
daughter time and I'm home bathing the boys and settling in for a nice
quiet night.
I am grateful to have had 2 pretty good days after
chemo. I know your prayers are working. I feel them. I am truly grateful
for them!
I love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment