Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 6th

The first wave of nausea hit me on Thursday night around midnight. Earlier that night I experienced my first ever episode of heart burn. That night after taking my pill I was able to sleep ok. Friday I was pretty slow but felt ok. I was able to fold laundry, iron and load the dishwasher. It took me the whole day to do those things, but it felt great! Friday around bedtime I started being nauseated again. Not sure if its because I'm not eating enough in the evening or if I'm not drinking enough...I still have to figure out my body.
Yesterday was rough, each day has seemed to be a little worse than the day before. We had Colters birthday party yesterday and it was nice that I didn't have plan it. The house was full of kids dressed up as magicians and magic tricks were done. About 1/2 way through the party I went and took a nap in my room. Besides being sick its amazing how quickly I tire out.
After Colters birthday party he had a present he wanted to return to buy a new 'cool' scooter. Despite not feeling well I gave it my all and we went shopping! I am realizing that I need to give my kids attention as I did before, because I can see that they are beginning to wonder why I'm so different. Dave has done an excellent job of explaining what cancer is and what the chemo is doing to my body. We are encouraging our kids to talk about their feelings whenever they have a question or concern. So far this is working out.
Last night was my roughest night, I had to take both of my nausea medicines. This morning I was still not feeling well and took another pill. Before conference I went for a short walk with Drea and then mostly lounged around during conference. I think I may have taken a 20 minute nap too. Tonight Dave dragged me out for a walk. I know it's good for me, but it's so hard to make myself move!
A struggle I am having is finding food that sounds good. NOTHING sounds good, and most things smell yucky. My meal plan for today was: scrambled egg and chocolate milk for breakfast. For morning snack I had steamed spinach, carrots, and apples. Throughout the day I worked on drinking my water and a chocolate protein shake. My before dinner snack was a hard boiled egg. Dave let me have my dessert before dinner tonight; vanilla bean ice cream. Dinner was a bowl of bland soup. With a few hours to go before bed time I'm sure I'll be having a few more small meals. I'd love any suggestions of food ideas! I mostly crave nothing, but bland things are best.
As my parting comment I just have to say how much I feel your love! I have a great husband and good kids! They are my greatest blessing!

No comments: