Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Because sometime you just gotta run away!

I have been so restless lately! It's like my spirit is anxiously waiting for something of importance to do! Today was one of those days that after my daily 'jobs' were done I was feeling super restless. The thought came to my mind to go to the temple. This is something I had done after every chemo treatment as a way to strengthen myself spiritually. With all the thoughts of my upcoming surgery being finalized I was feeling pretty good, but the nagging really intensified this afternoon. After dinner I told Dave that I selfishly wanted to run away to the temple. He was so supportive and encouraged me to go. So after getting the boys all settled in on their 'CLEAN THEIR ROOM' project, I headed out.
I could feel the spirit like the warmth from a fire before I even entered the temple. There was no wait to do initiatory and I was able to quickly get busy doing temple work. One of the ordinance workers was being trained, which meant she had a shadow person helping her. It was a neat experience for me. It made me realize how much we need each other to learn and to be successful in this life. We have a loving Heavenly Father who is giving us an earth experience in order to grow spiritually. What impressing me so greatly is He never leaves us while we are learning and growing. All we have to do is turn to Him in prayer and he so abundantly blesses us. His love is empowering and comforting!
I feel like a different person today than I did before this cancer journey. I am anxious to figure out what Heavenly Father has in store for me to do. So tonight as I took in the warmth of the spirit in the Temple I prayed with all my might that I might figure it out soon so that this restless spirit of mine can get to work!

No comments: