Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Special today is: Zucchini Soup

My Grandma Baker gave me this recipe (and I have lots of zucchini (finally!)), so today I made it up and took it to our neighborhood potluck. It was a hit. I think everyone liked it.
I love finding new recipes to use foods in a different way. I've always thought of zucchini as being just for bread! My view is different now. Zucchini is great! Why do so many people complain about and try to pawn off on everyone their zucchini? They must not have enough good recipes to use it!

Zucchini Soup:
2 Large Onion, chopped
1 1/2 Pounds Zucchini, chopped
3 Cups Chicken Broth
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Saute onion and cook down a little in a small amount of broth. Add zucchini and cook until zucchini is tender. Blend. Return to saucepan and add chicken broth. Simmer until ready to serve. Salt and pepper to taste.


If you make this and like it, let me know!

No comments: