skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Herceptin treatment #2
Today's visit went smooth. The port access was not too painful. The wait
to see the Nurse Practitioner wasn't too long either. Today I had an
extra Nurse Practitioner in tow as she has just graduated and is
shadowing Rick with his case load.
Today we talked about:
Body
aches- This may last up to a year. I have been taking Ibuprofen when the
aches are more than I can bare, but it doesn't seem to help. He gave me
a prescription to see if that will help.
Fingernails- My poor
fingernails. They look awful, and hurt. All of them have been affected
by the taxitere. The nails are not attached to my nail bed and have
turned white. 4 of them are missing and the quick is exposed. I'm trying
really hard not to lose any more of my nails! He said it can take about
3 months for them to grow back out and be healthy again. I asked if I
could take Biotene, and was told I could. He also suggested I could take
a prenatal if I didn't take Biotene.
Today's stats:
Weight- 141
White Blood Count- 3 (still low)
Hematocrit- 34 (still low, which explains why I still feel so TIRED!)
Platelets- 136 (almost back to normal, but just a tad low. Last time they were much lower)
Nutrafill-
1200 (This was explained to me to be like the army that goes out to
fight infection. My army isn't very big so it'll be harder for my body
to fight off germs and infection, so I need to be careful around sick
people (eg- Dallas))
The past week I've been cleaning like a
maniac! I never did my spring cleaning because of chemo, so now I'm
making up for it! Besides giving the inside of my home a good deep
cleaning I'm also trying to get my yard ready for fall and winter! Can
you say 'Not enough time in the day to do everything I'd like'?
This
upcoming week I will continue to clean and get things organized so that
while I'm out of commision my brain won't stress over certain details. I
also plan to visit the temple one last time and get a pedicure.
I
feel so loved! The outpouring of people's generosity is humbling! My
heart is so full of gratitude! These experiences strengthen my
testimony! Not only do I feel your love but I feel my Heavenly Father's
love. I am not alone and I am important to Him! Thank you for cheering
me on and encouraging me! I have the BEST cheerleaders!
I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment