Colter's way of saying 'Happy Birthday' is: to you to you!
The tradition is that I post an entry on my kids birthdays. And here it is 11pm! I have an hour to accomplish it!
Then: April 1st, 2006
Upon waking up in the morning I started noticing that every time the baby (Colter) moved I would leak fluid. I thought it was my bladder. I gave it no thought.
Dave had a large family photo shoot; we pawned our kids off to a babysitter and off we went. I, all along the way would leak a small amount of fluid whenever the baby moved.
Not until the end of the photo shoot did I start thinking that it could be more than my bladder :)
Around 1pm we decided to go to the hospital to have it checked out. No contractions. We made a few stops on our way (we weren't in a hurry). Dave hadn't eaten lunch so we stopped and got him something to eat and ran to the bank to make a deposit.
After being checked at the hospital and discovering that it was my water and not my bladder I was quickly admitted and given my first dose of anit-biotics (as I was strep-b positive) and told to walk around to see if I could get my labor started on my own. Around 2:30 labor starts. Which was very VERY painful. Things progressed very VERY quickly. Around 5:45 I asked (begged) for an epidural, which they tried to talk me out of because they knew that my chart said I had not wanted one! They told me to think about it for 15-20 and then if I still wanted one I could have one. Just before 6pm the doctor started my second dose of anti-biotics and checked me again. I was almost a 10, but he had me push anyways. Colter was born 4 minutes later. So small with the most beautiful cry! He weighed 6 pound 14 ounces and 19 inches.
Upon waking up in the morning I started noticing that every time the baby (Colter) moved I would leak fluid. I thought it was my bladder. I gave it no thought.
Dave had a large family photo shoot; we pawned our kids off to a babysitter and off we went. I, all along the way would leak a small amount of fluid whenever the baby moved.
Not until the end of the photo shoot did I start thinking that it could be more than my bladder :)
Around 1pm we decided to go to the hospital to have it checked out. No contractions. We made a few stops on our way (we weren't in a hurry). Dave hadn't eaten lunch so we stopped and got him something to eat and ran to the bank to make a deposit.
After being checked at the hospital and discovering that it was my water and not my bladder I was quickly admitted and given my first dose of anit-biotics (as I was strep-b positive) and told to walk around to see if I could get my labor started on my own. Around 2:30 labor starts. Which was very VERY painful. Things progressed very VERY quickly. Around 5:45 I asked (begged) for an epidural, which they tried to talk me out of because they knew that my chart said I had not wanted one! They told me to think about it for 15-20 and then if I still wanted one I could have one. Just before 6pm the doctor started my second dose of anti-biotics and checked me again. I was almost a 10, but he had me push anyways. Colter was born 4 minutes later. So small with the most beautiful cry! He weighed 6 pound 14 ounces and 19 inches.


Now: April 1st, 2009

(no children, or Colter were harmed in the taking of this picture)
Colter is such a cool kid! We had a great birthday party last Saturday with family. It was a Hot Dog BBQ, just what Colter wanted! It was the best 3-year old party he's ever had :)
3 comments:
I still remember thinking it was a prank- until I saw the hospital phone number on my caller id! Happy, Happy Birthday Colter-- to you, to you!!
Happy Birthday Colter!
I can't wait to hear about his first day of preschool :)
Yep..he is a cutie. We love Colter to pieces in nursery.
Post a Comment