Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 27th- Overview of the next week and a plea for help

I’m starting to realize that I carry my big pink Breast Cancer binder everywhere I go. It’s become my new Franklin Day planner.
Met with the team of Doctors on Wednesday morning. The meeting went really good. Of the three Dr.’s I saw I only liked one of them. The one I really liked was the Medical Oncologist. I still have time to find a different Radiation oncologist, and I’m pretty sure the medical oncologist could recommend one to me. My Nurse navigator made an appointment for me to see a surgeon this morning and after meeting with her I think she and I will get along just great; she’s very knowledgeable and highly qualified.
So a brief outline on my next weeks activities…
The cancer is more involved than originally thought. The size of the mass including the fingers going out from it are about ¼ of my whole breast. Because the mass is as big as it is and because there is known cancer in my one lymph node they want more imaging. I have an appointment Friday morning for a PET scan to see if there is any cancer ANYWHERE else in my body. I feel confidant that there isn’t. I also have an appointment tomorrow afternoon for an Echo cardiogram to get a baseline of what’s going on with my heart before we start chemo. I have an appointment on Monday (not sure on a time yet) to get my port surgically placed. This is done as an outpatient procedure;I should take only a couple hours. Tuesday night Dallas comes home from NewYork- Hurray! Wednesday I have a chemo class and Thursday morning I have my first round of chemo.

Friday at 12:30 Colter is getting the Student of the Month award. I would like someone to go for me.
Friday-I need someone to be here at 1pm, so my boys aren’t’ home alone. I would need them to stay with them until I get home from my Dr.’s appointments (about3:00pm)
Friday-Dinner

Saturday-someone to play with my 3 kids while Dave and I go shoot a Bridal. 5-8pm

Monday- Port surgery day.
Monday-I need someone to pick up Colter from Tutoring at 3:30
Drea has the day off and may need a place to hang out while I’m at the hospital.
Monday-Dinner

Thursday- Chemo Day
Thursday-someone to bring Drea home from school.
Thursday-Dinner

No comments: