Saturday, August 15, 2009

100th Post!

Today the kids decided after visiting our good friends house that they wanted to have a 'clean' house! The family we visited (the Monroy's) have 4 kids, just like us, and they have a clean and orderly house. My kids were so impressed. I am more impressed that my kids were impressed!!
On the drive home my kids talked about what they could do to our own house to make it feel cleaner and more organized. Their first solution was that we needed a new house! I had a good chuckle at that and told them to keep brainstorming!
When Dave came home we told him the plan. At 4pm we began a very long process which ended with these results...
















They LOVED playing together on the top bunk! (Bradley's new bed!)


Boys closet. Notice how empty it is! It won't stay this way for long!


The toy corner. No more toy room means the kids will store the toys IN their rooms! (I never said they'd stay there to play with them...but I can hope!)


Tada! More of the Boys room.


This cardboard box became Colter's 'car'. It was Aundrea's turn to drive :)


Drea's stuffed animal hanging thing. She is a stuffed animal lover!


Drea's closet. We still need to move some of Dave's stuff off the shelves. :)


Dallas' closet. She is loving how much space she has!


Dallas' room. Notice the piano! She is in heaven!


Drea's room. (Hello Miss Kitty!)


More of Aundrea's room. Notice the carpet...it may be the last time we see it for a while :)


By 8pm the boys were in their jammies and wanting to go to bed. By 8:30 the girls were in their rooms; Dallas went to sleep quickly, while Drea in her room stayed up (with the light on!) to read. Bradley has been out of his room several times, he is having trouble with the new arrangements. Let's hope after one good nights sleep he likes it! ;)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so impressed that they were motivated to do all that- and that you and Dave are awesome parents to go with it! I know how much work that had to have been- not to mention all the cleaning required too. It all looks awesome!! And I'm sure that Dallas and Aundrea are happy to have their own spaces. Good job!

Becky said...

wow!! you amaze me!! How fun to have the kids give the ideas and see it followed through by the end of the day! I hope the girls enjoy having their own rooms! I hope it brings you more peace! You are the best mom! I want to be like you! Love ya!