Thursday, November 20, 2008

Test Results

In a previous entry I shared with you all that Colter is in Preschool, however I failed to tell you that is also receiving Speach Therapy in our home. Twice a month a Speach Therapist comes to our home and does fun activities with Colter to encourage speach. Colter's therapist is fabulous! Yesterday before she came for his appointment he spent lots of time on the couch looking out the window waiting for her car to appear. He looks forward to the time with her, especially because her activities are fun and cool. (Not sure he understands he's learning something while they're 'playing')



Before Colter started speach therapy he was tested to see where he was so they knew how to help him. It was quite eye opening for me, to say the least. This past month he was re-tested to chart the progress he's made. Again, this was VERY eye opening. I knew that he was improving, but wasn't sure how much because his speach language is still lacking.
So, to everyone who has asked 'how's the speach therapy coming along with Colter?', here are his initial test results and his most recent test results. They're amazing!



TESTING at 24 months: (His results reflect what age he is functioning at.)
Cognitive Development: 25 months.
Communication Development: 14 months
Social/Emotional Development: 25 months
Self-help Development: 20 months
Gross Motor Development: 27 months
Fine Motor Development: 28 months
(not too bad, only really behind in Communication development.)

TESTING at 31 months:
Cognitive Development: 33 months
Communication Development: 33 months
Social/Emotional Development: 36 months
Self-help Development: 24 months
Gross Motor Development: 30 months
Fine Motor Development: 30 months
(that's quite a bit a improvement in just 6 months!)


Colter is an amazing little boy! I'm sure one day he'll be a great communicator! Until then I will continue to basque in whatever words come out of his mouth!

No comments: